But this year, I feel like I should give something up for Lent. Every time I think about what I could give up, the first thought that pops into my head is "the computer". Something tells me it is the Holy Spirit. While I have measures in place to prevent me from spending too much time on the computer, I still feel like I have a lot of room to sacrifice.
So, until Easter Sunday, I am going to give up the computer...for the most part. I have several orders in the works, plus two orders for Thank You notes that have been pre-paid and will need to be done in the next few weeks. Because of that, I will need to check my email. Plus there are a couple other things that simply MUST be done on the computer (finances, school-related). Because of all that, I decided to make some rules for myself.
Starting tomorrow, here's what I'm going to do during Lent:
- Until my pending orders are completed, I will limit myself to 1 hour per day. I pray my customers will not get too impatient with me if they have to wait!
- I will deactive my Facebook account (again!), at least during this season of Lent.
- I will not be checking any blogs. OUCH.
- I will tweet from my phone only.
- I will blog my weight loss progress from my phone, but since I can only blog via text message it will be a super-short post! As in 160 characters! :)
I plan to keep a written journal during this, and I might share parts of that journal on here.
Blessings to you!